3 x Teacher of Games Design
Reference Number: SCC1718113
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: 17th June 2018
Interview Date: w/c 25th June 2018
Location: FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 2 x 1.0 FTE 1 x 0.6FTE
We are looking for three passionate, enthusiastic and talented teachers of Games Design to deliver provision at various levels progressing to the Foundation Degree. The roles are based at FutureSkills College. You will be working in an exciting, dynamic and innovative department which offers a breadth of provision including BTEC, Rockschool and Salford University Foundation Degrees, as well as Career Ready courses in Creative Media Production. The successful applicants will be inspirational teachers who promote the highest aspirations for all learners.
We are seeking teachers with excellent subject knowledge in the areas of Games Design & Development. The successful candidates would ideally have published titles in their portfolio and it would be advantageous to have a good knowledge and experience of delivering Creative Media subjects. They will have experience in the following; systems design, level building tools, games engines and ideally have some experience of analytics and prototyping. In addition an understanding of design fundamentals, visual arts and 2D Animation skills are desirable. Software used in the department includes Unity 5, Maya, 3D Studio Max and the Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Social Media games would also be beneficial.
You must be enterprising and able to demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with outstanding learner achievement. The ability to teach in a creative manner that fully engages all learners is critical.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website.
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.