Permanent (Full-time Pro Rata)
About the college
Based in the heart of Mayfair, central London, Albemarle is a top performing Independent Sixth Form College, offering a broad A-level & GCSE curriculum for students form public, state and private school backgrounds. The majority of students who come to Albemarle do so because of our reputation for excellent A-level & GCSE results. 70% of the students enrolled at Albemarle are British, whilst the other 30% are International. Tuition is very much student-centred and our teachers are highly qualified specialists in their subject area, many having experience as examiners. In our recent inspection by ISI (March 2016) the college was judged to exceed expectations, the highest accolade awarded by ISI.
What makes you stand out as an employer of choice ?
We have excellent relationships between teachers, principals and students fostering an environment that encourages students to develop as individuals, and reach their academic potential. We promote internally so there is always room for staff to develop in areas that best suit their talents. CPD is encouraged and very much supported by the principals. Staff are able to participate in extra-curricular activities and contribute to the wider curriculum.
What do your current staff like about working for you ?
Staff enjoy the informal yet academically disciplined environment that Albemarle offers, working together to empower students to achieve their true potential. Staff are encouraged to bring their own ideas to the table to foster student development and to sustain the ethos of academic excellence. Albemarle has a desirable central London location very close to Hyde Park and Oxford Street.
What does the job entail
(see job description)
What type of candidate are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the standout qualities we look for, and at least 3 years relevant teaching experience together with an ability to relate to young people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Please complete the application form and submit together with a recent CV to Principal James Eytle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines Closing date: Friday 16th December 2016
Safeguarding and equal opportunities statement
Albemarle is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to DBS checks in accordance with the college’s recruitment policy (see website for further details)
Albemarle Independent College
18 Dunraven Street,
Age: Range: 16-19