We have a brilliant opportunity for a Teacher of Humanities to join our friendly and dynamic Humanities Department at Chalk Hills Academy. We are seeking a passionate teacher who will help expand our students’ minds in the way they view History and Geography, by teaching engaging and thought provoking lessons with the use of the fantastic technological facilities we have available. We are really looking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our team and are willing to pay an additional recruitment and retention allowance for the right person who will drive attainment forward.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
- Be an experienced/aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
- Start Date: January 2018, will consider Easter start
- Salary: MPS/UPS + Recruitment and Retention rate
- Job Role: Permanent, Full time
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms and equipment to match the level of courses offered
- You’ll be working in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
Teacher Testimonial: “Having worked in London schools for over 12 years and overseas for a couple of years, I hadn’t really considered a move to Luton. There is something about the diversity of London schools, both culturally and socially that I love and I genuinely didn’t think that this would be replicated unless I working in another big city. The opportunity to work at Chalk Hills Academy came up and after looking at the website and Ofsted report, I decided to apply and have been here since January 2017. Chalk Hills Academy and The Shared Learning Trust (this is my first time working in a small academy trust) has certainly exceeded my expectations. Everything that I loved about working in London - diversity, atmosphere, forward thinking and generally wanting the best for all students is at Chalk Hills. In addition, working in a school that is part of a small multi-academy trust means that there are regular opportunities for collaborative working and partnerships. As well as the working environment, salary is always a consideration and I have been pleasantly surprised to find that there isn’t a great deal of difference between The Shared Learning Trust and an Inner London salary. I would unreservedly recommend Chalk Hills Academy, The Shared Learning Trust and Luton; have a look I am sure you will too will be pleasantly surprised!”
Interviews: As soon as possible
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.