CATS College Canterbury is a coeducational independent boarding school catering mainly for international students aged 14+. The College specialises in preparing students for pre-university exams, including I/GCSEs, A Levels, the International Baccalaureate (DP) and the University Foundation Programme (UFP). The College was awarded ‘Excellent’ in all 9 areas in the latest ISI inspection (March 2016). There are approximately 400 students on roll, class size average is 9 [nine] across all programmes, and students take part in an extensive range of extra-curricular activities including leadership awards and national/international competitions.
In 2016 the College’s average A Level results were 66% (A*-A) and 96% (A*-B). For the same year, the College’s International Baccalaureate DP pass rate was 96% with an average grade of 5. The College successfully placed UFP students at King’s College London, the Universities of Manchester, Edinburgh, York, Durham, Bristol and Bath. Our outstanding academic success is clearly evident.
The College requires, from September 2017, a part time Teacher of Geography and it would be desirable if they could teach another social science or humanities subject as well. Humanities are a popular subject choice among our students, and staff who deliver the subject are renowned as experts in differentiation and creative teaching. The department’s pedagogy and academic success is ahead of the curve and applicants will need to demonstrate and evidence strengths in these areas during the selection process.
Applications are encouraged from:
· Outstanding and experienced practitioners (with a recognised Teaching Qualification) and those seeking their first appointment (NQTs with a good degree in a related subject)
· Teachers who are passionate about working with young people and their own subject specialism
· Those who bring fresh ideas, who are kind and compassionate, and work hard to realise excellent progress and student outcomes
It would advantage your application if you:
· Can offer more than one subject specialism at a high level
· Have experience of working within any IB programme/school
· Have experience of working in an international school or FE college
· Have experience of working in diverse multinational environments spanning differing linguistic and cultural needs
In return, we can offer you:
· A vibrant working environment focused on student outcomes and university entrance
· An opportunity to grow in your teaching practice within a committed leadership and teaching team
· An attractive salary
· Excellent professional development opportunities
Recent CATS College Canterbury Awards:
· ‘Excellent’ in every area – ISI Inspection Report, March 2016
· International School Award – Outstanding 2015, British Council
· Award for Excellence and Innovation – Winner 2015, Independent Schools Association
· UK Independent School of the Year – Finalist 2014, Times Educational Supplement
· Boarding Initiative of the Year – Winner 2014, Independent School Awards
· Outstanding Leadership Team – Shortlisted 2014, Independent School Awards
The College is a member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) and inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
CATS College Canterbury maintains Teaching and Learning Academy Status – Partnering with Canterbury Christ Church University.
Application forms and further details are available from, and should be returned to, Fiona Clarke, PA to the Principal, via email email@example.com or (+44) 01227 866540.
Applications must be returned before 12noon on 23rd June 2017.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place during the weeks beginning 3rd or 10th July 2017.
Employees of the College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. As such, appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, any international equivalent.