Teacher of Geography and Social Science
Required for September 2019
- Have a desire to teach Geography to A Level (experienced or otherwise)?
- Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young people to love learning?
- Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive Geography Department?
- Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Maltby Academy (range 11-18) is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn. With outstanding examination results, Maltby Academy is striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the Geography Department’s improvement journey. A passion for Geography and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. There may also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to teach some Social Science (Psychology/ Sociology or Health and Social Care).
We would welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
- Able to inspire and enthuse students
- Committed to raising standards for all
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
- New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information, please contact Chris Eccles, Associate Principal, at the Academy.
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Chris Eccles, Associate Principal on email@example.com or to the Academy address below:
Braithwell Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8AB
01709 812 864
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Interviews: Friday 24th May 2019
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children
An Equal Opportunities Employer