In this rapidly expanding 'Good' school, we need an inspirational specialist to join our Geography Department.
This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an 'Outstanding' school.
We are a highly supportive school with strong subject and senior leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our Geography department who is passionate about their subject, communicates well with young people and makes a positive impact on their learning. The Geography department comprises of one other full-time Geography teacher, a member of SLT and a Curriculum Leader. The job would suite either an NQT or a more experienced teacher. The post has arisen due to the expansion of the school and the need to expand the existing provision. The planned expansion of the school will also provide opportunities for professional development as staff begin to take on positions of responsibility within their department or across the school.
We will offer you:
• Results at the national average and improving rapidly
• A well-resourced department with strong SLT line management
• Strong uptake at GCSE with a three year Key Stage 4
• Personalised, supportive CPD
• Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
• Strong collegiate atmosphere
• Supportive and thorough induction programme for new staff and NQTs
• A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
• Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
• Strong SLT
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
• State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted's visit, January 2019, the school was judge 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:-
• "The executive principal's inspriational leadership has enabled rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
• "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
• "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
• "Staff moral is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
• "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
• "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts ".
• "Pupils show a well-developed understanding tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results are now at the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.02.
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, have strong inter-personal skills, be resilient, be an excellent teacher and have great subject knowlede including experience of a number of GCSE specifications.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career definining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing devleopment, the Academy (with Berryfields Primary School) is set to increase its roll in the new few years. There are currently 1421 students on role inlcuding over 400 in the primary phase
For further information contact Mrs E Perrin, EA to the Executive Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Apply Now button.