Aylesbury High School is a popular and oversubscribed 11-18 girls' selective school. The school has been judged 'Outstanding' in all categories by Ofsted. We have an excellent record of academic success in English with 65% of GCSE English Language & 75% of English Literature students gaining grades 9-7 in 2017 and 78% of A Level students gaining grades A*-B.
We offer the opportunity to join our Geography Department, made up of enthusiastic and knowledgeable teachers with a passion for their subject. The successful candidate will have a love of Geography and be able to teach the subject in an exciting and stimulating way.
We can offer you:
- Motivated, articulate and engaged students who have the desire to learn in a safe and happy environment
- A warm and welcoming school community with friendly, caring and supportive colleagues; with some after school social activities arranged by the Staff Committee
- The opportunity to get involved in a wide range of extracurricular activities & trips
- A broad and balance curriculum
- An excellent CPD programme for both NQTs and more experienced teachers wishing to progress their careers
The ideal candidate will have:
- An honours degree in a relevant subject
- A professional attitude and the ability to build good relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- A confident presence in the classroom
- Strong ICT skills
Please click to apply on the button below.
If you would like to come for an informal visit and see for yourself, please call the Head’s PA on 01296 388222 or email email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Please apply as soon as possible and we will interview shortly after receiving your application.