Due to the growing popularity of the subject, Dubai College is seeking to appoint an additional lively, enthusiastic and highly committed Teacher of Geography to engage our very able students through creative planning, inspiring teaching and excellent subject knowledge. As a teacher at Dubai College you will be expected to monitor, assess and evaluate the learning which is taking place and then report the findings to students and parents and adapt your teaching accordingly. You will also take responsibility for your own professional development and actively seek out opportunities in order to contribute to your own professional growth with support from the College. Finally you will also recognise that your role extends far beyond the classroom: you will be expected to be a form tutor to an assigned group of students, contribute to the school’s PSHE programme through Positive Education days, tutor time and class assemblies, as well as lead at least one extra-curricular activity per week and participate in one whole-school event in an evening or on a weekend at least once per term.
All applicants must:
• have a good honours degree in Geography and a PGCE qualification
• have Qualified Teacher Status and a minimum of two-years teaching experience post qualification
• have experience of teaching A Level and GCSE Geography
• have experience teaching in a British curriculum school, preferably coeducational
• be up to date with current changes in the curriculum and be prepared to implement those
In addition the successful candidate will:
• have an outstanding knowledge and understanding of Geography
• be able to teach the subject in Key Stages 3 to 5 and be able to stretch all our students, who would be considered among the most able internationally
• be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice using a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
• be an enthusiastic, creative and innovative teacher with a genuine love of the subject, who can motivate and inspire students
• be fully aware of Assessment for Learning and include AFL as an integral part of classroom practice
• be able to work as a member of a team and be able to contribute to the further development of the department
• be committed to their own professional development, in particular the integration of digital skills as a tool for teaching and learning
• be willing to be fully involved in the College’s extra-curricular programme where applicable
A full job specification can be found in the Job Description attached. This is also available on our website http://www.dubaicollege.org/join-us/recruitment/teaching together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we select staff that understand and share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtaining a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided or was employed in, which may include Disclosure & Barring checks.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant, on firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Sunday 23rd February and interviews are planned for Sunday 1st to Wednesday 4th March 2020. There is the potential for a final stage interview in Dubai following the initial round.