We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic individual with sound subject knowledge who is determined to improve the learning of our students and their own practice. The Humanities faculty at Aylward Academy is managed by a Head of Faculty and four Heads of Department and is housed in the Huxley building in spacious and well-resourced classrooms with its own office. The faculty prides itself on the support it gives to staff and the quality of education it delivers to our students. Students make good progress and enjoy their humanities lessons.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to teach Geography to Key Stage 3-5
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of the faculty.
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Aylward Academy’s ethos;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
- Have the relevant teaching qualifications such as PGCE and/or QTS or will be an NQT.
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent CPD focused in outstanding teaching and learning
- Nationally recognised courses such as the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH
- The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
- Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) opportunities
- Opportunities to work within other academies across the AET/LAET network
- Shadowing experienced leaders
Aylward Academy is part of London Academies Enterprise Trust (LAET). Our objective is to provide all students with a first class education. Why? Because we believe that a solid education is vital in today’s world. We recognise that every student has different needs and that it’s our job to meet them. We not only educate students about life, we prepare them for life. Whatever a student’s ambition, we will give them the best possible start.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required September 2017.
Closing date: Friday 30 June 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.hirewire.co.uk/SG/1058184/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=76798
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.