Teacher of Geography
Full-time, permanent post
Main / Upper Ranges
Required for April or September 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity for an NQT or an experienced Teacher of Geography to join this ‘Good’ school and a faculty passionate about their students and about those students succeeding and achieving their ‘Personal Best’.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to accept new ideas and a thorough commitment to student learning with evidence of high level subject specialism to teach up to A Level and professional development record, as well as a flexible and adaptable attitude to meet the needs of the faculty and the school. We want staff with the vision and determination to ensure all our students receive a first class education and who will rise to the challenge of building on success.
In return the successful candidate can expect:
• Comprehensive tailored induction programmes
• Initial Teacher Training Support including a personal NQT Mentor
• Mentor / Buddy System
• Outstanding Teacher Programmes
• An extensive support programme, including a system of twilights
• Commitment to continuing professional development, including MA / MSc and other courses
• Excellent career development opportunities
• Various staff benefits including access to the gymnasium and swimming pool
If you feel that The King Edmund School is the type of school you are seeking, please apply by completing the application form available from our school website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Early applications and school visits are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged.
Closing Date for applications is Friday 22 March 2019 (midday)
Interviews to be conducted during the week commencing 25 March 2019
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.