Teacher of Geography.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Frinton-on-Sea, Essex. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Geography to its progressive and supportive Department ideally starting ASAP.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Geography at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of Geography to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“The college is a large, successful 11-19 mixed comprehensive academy. With over 1,800 young people on roll, we strive to be a catalyst; aiming to create not only remarkable lives for our young people, but for our community. We are an academy that offers a broad and ambitious curriculum, we inspire high aspirations for all. We have students that gain the very highest academic and vocational outcomes, we believe passionately in promoting the arts, creativity and sporting success. We are passionate about delivering high-quality education in Geography to every pupil through challenging and stimulating teaching and learning. We encourage the development of an enquiring mind and the ability to become an independent learner and are eager to promote awareness, knowledge and understanding of Geography both in and beyond the classroom setting."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Geography Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Geography up to at least GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1486430 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1486430 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...