Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium, in cooperation with StudyLab School in Moscow, seek a teacher for Geography (Country Study) to start from the 20th of August 2018.
Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium is an outstanding bilingual Gymnasium in Moscow of c.200 children (aged 3-6) in pre-school and c.600 students in Primary, Secondary and High School departments.
School’s goal is to provide high-quality bilingual (Russian-English) education for today's world by engaging the best teaching staff of the highest standard across all age groups and subjects and by bringing together the best of traditional and innovative teaching methods to help students reach their full potential.
All members of the school community are committed towards creating the best possible learning environment within modern, purpose-built facilities. The School is staffed with a team of dedicated, energetic, highly-qualified and enthusiastic teachers.
A teacher of Geography will be teaching to the secondary school pupils aged 11-14.
The students speak English as their second language. Lessons need to be interactive, engaging and student-centered (teacher talking time to be followed).
- Bachelor degree in Geography or BA in Education with Geography focus
- Master's or higher degree is desirable
- EFL qualifications TEFL/TESOL
- 3+ years of teaching experience working in an international setting with non-native level speakers is essential
The successful candidate
- Lively, warm, approachable, positive
- Should demonstrate interest in child development, enthusiasm and subject knowledge
- Resourceful, innovative and enterprising
- Able to encourage, motivate and inspire pupils with a proven track record of successful student outcomes
- Passionate about teaching
- Willing to make a minimum of 2 years commitment to the position
Key tasks & responsibilities
- To teach Country Study classes to the secondary school pupils aged 11-14
- To focus on the interaction of different cultural and natural geofactors in a specific land or landscape
- To plan, prepare and deliver high quality lessons
- To evaluate children's performance and growth in knowledge
- To arrange field trips and research projects
- To use visual materials and technology to assist children in learning subject related topics
- To be a positive member of the school community
- To attend parent meetings and other school events
Why consider Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium?
- Outstanding opportunity to be involved in an innovative, recently established new school and concept
- New school with impressive facilities and resources
- A team of c. 20 native level English-speaking teachers from the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance
- Flight reimbursement
- Work permit and full visa support
- Accommodation allowance
- Airport transfer
- Free daily transfer to and from school
- 24 hour support
Evgeny Primakov Gymnasium and StudyLab School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers, criminal record check and the DBS.
Please apply by filling an international application form and sending your CV to email@example.com
More information about the school can be seen by visiting website http://ogprim.ru