Are you an outstanding and enthusiastic Geography Teacher looking for a new and exciting opportunity? St Mary Magdalene CofE All Through School is looking for the right candidate to join our secondary team. This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to work in a supportive and energetic school.
The ideal candidate will be:
- an outstanding teacher
- highly organised, motivational and flexible
- an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all reaching their full potential
- dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
As well as the qualities mentioned, we are looking for a Geography teacher who will be excited/enthused by being part of a new department, where teamwork will play a key role in developing a scheme of work and assessment framework from KS3 to A Level.
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- quality training to those new to the career
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
- energetic and enthusiastic high attaining students
- a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
- a personal Apple MacBook for use at school and at home
Our school premises are currently located on Old Dover Road, Blackheath, where we are temporarily based until our new £40m building is completed on the Greenwich Peninsula, beside the O2 in November 2018.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd March 2018 (12.00 noon)
Interview Date: To be confirmed
St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful Outstanding school with three school campuses; primary sites in Woolwich and Greenwich Peninsula and a secondary site currently based in Blackheath. It leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church. St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision from September 2019, providing 300 places for students aged 16-19, at which time the permanent school site on the Greenwich Peninsula will be open.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & invited to attend interview.