Teacher of Geography
Permanent - Full-Time
KST Teaching Staff Pay Scale
Reports to Head of Geography
The West London Free School aims to provide all pupils, no matter what their background, with a classical liberal education. We have a distinctive school culture built on a passion for bringing rich, demanding and inspiring knowledge to pupils of all abilities. We treasure the subject knowledge of staff, we value their passion for continuing to grow as subject-specialists and we support their subject-specific development. There is a firm and fair approach to behaviour, systematically supported by senior staff: all pupil detentions are centralised and run by senior staff every day. Teachers are therefore able to prioritise the planning and teaching of subject knowledge. School leaders all teach, love their subjects, understand workload pressures and are highly visible around school.
Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, no matter what their background or ability. We place a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of core knowledge through the study of traditional subjects.
This is a chance to work with an outstanding Geography department. Pupils in each year group continue to be extremely enthusiastic and make excellent progress.
Key characteristics of the role include:
• Being a model of excellent practice, maintaining a clear focus on the outstanding delivery of Geography to pupils.
• To stimulate and encourage pupils to a high standard of interest and work in the subject, ensuring that the needs of the individual are met.
• To assist the Head of Department in the production of schemes of work for Key Stage 3, 4 and 5, and to monitor their subsequent effectiveness.
• To monitor the progress of pupils according to the department and school assessment policy and to advise on set changes.
• To show a commitment to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the department by taking part in sharing resources, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in continuing professional development.
• To maintain the high profile of the Geography department within the school by supporting the Head of Department.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• an ability to teach Geography from KS3 to A-Level;
• a passion for Geography and exceptional subject knowledge;
• excellent team working skills;
• effective and efficient communication skills with both pupils and staff;
• an understanding and commitment to the ethos of the school.
The successful candidate will:
- be passionate about their subject and inspire pupils;
- be committed to a rigorous, knowledge-based curriculum;
- offer a commitment to extra-curricular activities.
The West London Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application deadline: Friday 22nd March 2019. Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
If you wish to apply, please complete and return the attached application form with a covering letter to Sarah Noel at email@example.com.