Teacher of Geography TPS (Outer London)
Required: September 2019/January 2020
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, outstanding and innovative professional to become part of the Geography Department. Applications from NQTs are welcome.
GCSE Geography is a popular option subject with our pupils. You will be committed to achieving high standards of teaching and learning through the delivery of interesting and innovative lessons that will inspire, develop and foster independence in our pupils. The Geography Department is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department committed to raising standards. We also offer a range of extra-curricular activities to enrich the educational experience of our pupils.
The successful applicant will:
• Demonstrate a passion for the subject and the ability to engage pupils with a variety of teaching strategies.
• Have the ability to inspire, lead and challenge pupils to the best outcomes.
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner; committed to achieving and sustaining high standards of Learning and Teaching.
• Have a rigorous and inventive approach to the delivery of lessons across both KS3 and KS4 and be enthusiastic with the ability to inspire our pupils.
• Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work with other, high achieving professionals.
• Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines under pressure.
We can offer you:
• A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
• Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
• Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Specialist Sports College in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents and committed Governors and enthusiastic pupils. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and locating this vacancy.
If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head’s PA, Mrs Beney. Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 22nd May 2019.