Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Geography on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. There is a possible TLR on offer for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an 'Outstanding' World Class School, sponsored by the London Diocesan Board for Schools and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It is a warm, friendly and inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos and have a track record of excellent examination success and first class staff development. They combine traditional values and high standards with an innovative approach to learning and teaching and a strong commitment to staff development.
Geography is a popular and successful subject at both GCSE and A level and the department offers a range of field trips in the UK and abroad. Whilst they are an inner-city school the school aim to ensure that students have access to the outdoors and through regular fieldwork, and their enrichment programme, give them access to the world.
The school are looking for staff who have a love of Geography but also want to get involved in the extra-curricular opportunities that is on offer such as climbing, canoeing and the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
"We would love to appoint someone with both a passion for Geography but also for the outdoors who could lead and develop fieldwork (and possibly also teach climbing on our fabulous climbing wall!)."
The Successful Candidate:
- At least 2 years teaching experience
- Passionate about Geography with the knowledge and skills to enthuse highly ambitious students
- An excellent track record teaching at GCSE and A level, where possible, demonstrated through exemplary examination results
- A-level experience would be advantageous but not essential
- A willingness to teach across the Humanities to broaden curriculum understanding
- The capacity to contribute to the development of the schools' Christian ethos
- The passion and ability to inspire and motivate others
- A confident and highly effective classroom teacher, sensitive to student need and with high expectations of what can be achieved
- Enthusiasm for developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- A clear understanding of the current curriculum, assessment and pedagogical developments relating to Geography
- Be committed to their own professional development and learning
- A passion to work collaboratively to develop a knowledge rich 3 year KS3 curriculum
- Private healthcare
- A free lunch
- Access to employee assistance
- Wellbeing Wednesday activities
- Bespoke professional development
- Access to a cutting edge learning platform
- Are trained in the TEEP model of teaching
- Working in a fabulous building with amazing facilities
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1397014
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Kensington & Chelsea
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...