Teacher of Geography.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Kingston upon Hull. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Geography to its progressive and supportive Humanities Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Geography at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of Humanities to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“The academy is a secondary school for boys located in Kingston upon Hull in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. As an educational institution with over 230 years of history, the school remains very proud of its history and traditions and our motto ‘Spes Super Sydera’ (Hope Beyond the Stars) still neatly sums up our Academy’s aims of continually raising aspirations, widening horizons and empowering our students to achieve their potential.
The academy is currently rated as a good school by Ofsted (2020) but we aspire to become outstanding and the outcomes for our students show a commitment to providing excellence for all. Please note, a car parking pass is available for the successful applicant."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Geography Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Geography up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1411588 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1411588 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Kingston upon Hull
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...