The Federation and Academy
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’. We are looking to appoint an equally outstanding leader to join our middle leadership team.
Our passionate, collaborative and high-achieving Geography department is seeking a new Geography teacher to plan and deliver outstanding lessons, inspire students and contribute to the continuing development of the Geography curriculum and the department more generally.
The College offers Geography as a discrete subject at Key Stage 3, GCSE and A-Level. Uptake of Geography at GCSE and A-Level is very good.
We are looking for an innovative geographer who can enthuse, engage and motivate young people at all levels, and contribute fully to our team.
The successful candidate will need:
- To work within and contribute to established academy and department frameworks for
o Lesson planning, delivery and evaluation
o Student behaviour and care
o Student assessment
- To actively contribute to the teaching of Geography across all age and ability ranges
- To remain informed of current developments in the subject area, to participate in INSET and to initiate change where appropriate
- To consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching resources are utilised
- To ensure that students’ work is marked regularly and conscientiously, in accordance with the College marking policy
- To set and mark internal examinations and tests as required
- To demonstrate a good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these in the classroom
- To be fully committed to and actively contribute to the departmental and College enrichment activities programme
- To possess excellent ICT skills and use these as a tool in the teaching of Geography
- To provide accurate information for parents as directed by the College and to attend parents’ evenings and other presentation meetings as directed