We require a Teacher of Geography for September 2021. The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner, keen to develop leadership skills in the Humanities Faculty at Lord Grey and will have excellent subject knowledge. This post would be suitable for an NQT.
The successful candidate:
- will have a strong commitment to teaching and learning in Geography
- will be an effective classroom practitioner committed to raising standards for all students
- will be able to teach Geography at Key Stage 3 and 4, and Sixth Form if appropriate
- will be fully committed to enabling all students to achieve well and make good progress
- the drive and determination to motivate colleagues and students
- a creative and energetic approach to teaching and management
- good organisational skills
- the vision to develop the courses currently offered
- open to change, new ideas and innovation
Why choose Lord Grey Academy?
- Culture of high expectations and a strong belief that all can achieve
- Very clear routines for learning so that teachers can teach and students can learn
- Culture of support and feedback for staff
- Highly visible student-centred Leadership Team
- Positive, supportive and friendly colleagues
- Weekly CPD and regular opportunities to benefit from working with other schools in the Trust.
The right candidate will be totally aligned to our values of encouraging all students to be ambitious, determined, independent, respectful and successful and completely committed to promoting our mantra of Lord Grey Can!
A lesson observation and a formal interview will form the selection criteria. A candidate information booklet and application form are available on the vacancies section of Lord Grey Academy’s website:
Please note the application form is available on the right hand side of the above link.
Completed application form and covering letter should be submitted to Human Resources at Lord Grey Academy or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Wednesday 14th April 2021. Details on how to apply for this post are in the How to Apply Section of this booklet.
Only successfully short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join an Academy on a rapid journey of improvement as part of a highly supportive and growing MAT. Lord Grey joined Tove Learning Trust in April 2018 and is situated in Bletchley on the outskirts of the growing city of Milton Keynes. The right candidate will join us on our exciting journey to providing a great education for our amazing students as we prepare them for adult life. There is a great team to work with who are already on the path to making changes that will shape the future of the Academy.
Tove Learning Trust
The trust is committed to ensuring that all students achieve as highly as possible and we work hard to offer stimulating environments that enable every learner to progress and flourish. We have a small central team and a committed Board of Trustees that are focused on delivering outstanding outcomes. We aim to have academies that are excellent communities of learning where students thrive on success. There are seven secondary schools and one primary school in this growing Trust.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.
Lord Grey Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years