Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 32 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
We are looking for an outstanding, passionate and dynamic practitioner to join our highly successful and well-resourced Geography department of 6 staff. This post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. A willingness to teach across all years and abilities is essential.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features [Ofsted, 2015] which continues to rapidly improve.
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels.
- We provide highly regarded NQT induction and Coaching for Excellence programmes.
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’.
- We are conveniently located for quick and easy access to London, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
- Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and the Princes Teaching Institute.
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities.
- We are able to offer on-site accommodation for NQTs with competitive rent.
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of excellence’. Why not join us?
For details and an application form visit our website: www.highdown.reading.sch.uk
Please return your completed application form to Miss Nicci Burns, Headteacher’s, PA in the post or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.