Permanent – Full time | MPR / UPR | Required for September 2021
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher of Geography to teach across KS3-5. A passion for Geography and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification and experienced teachers looking to continue their career in a supportive faculty.
Our successful candidate will be:
• an enthusiastic, well-qualified teacher able to teach Geography across the age and ability range;
• be a dynamic practitioner with a relentless obsession for rapidly improving standards;
• a reflective practitioner with a strong commitment to effective Teaching and Learning;
• have a track record of delivering clear impact with their classes;
• have the ability to deliver consistent, high-quality teaching and learning;
• bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning;
• be fully aligned to our vision and key drivers;
• have a true growth mindset and a solid work ethic;
• have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Wath Academy operates;
In return we will offer:
• Modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which inspire outstanding teaching and learning.
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
For further information please contact Liam Ransome, Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org
An application form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or by calling the number below. Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Liam Ransome, Principal, and sent to email@example.com or to the address below.
Please note that applications must be submitted on the Application Form from the Academy website.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years