The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a well–qualified, full-time teacher of Geography. Geography is part of the Humanities faculty which has ten staff and includes History, Geography, Business Studies, Economics and Psychology.
The successful candidate must be able to offer Geography as their main subject across the senior school. Geography is offered at both GCSE and A-level through the Edexcel international examination board. Residential field work is an integral part of the examination courses and the successful candidate will be expected to organise and lead field trips, both internationally and in Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012; put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- be passionate about the subject of Geography and in professionally developing their subject knowledge and teaching pedagogy;
- be dedicated to teaching Geography through an international perspective;
- have a good knowledge of the uses of IT in teaching and learning in today’s Geography classroom;
- above all, share our commitment to a holistic education and excellence in all that we do.
There may also be a Position of Responsibility allowance for the right candidate
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/550
and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 7th December 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified.
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa