Teacher of Geography
As an employee of Harrow International School, Shanghai the Head Master expects the highest possible standards exhibited within the profession. The following is a list of typical attributes which the School can reasonably expect any teacher to exhibit and develop.
All teachers are expected to have...
1. Qualifications appropriate to the post.
2. Experience of exemplary classroom practice within the phase(s) to which they are appointed.
3. Understanding of the British independent and boarding school ethos.
4. Familiarity with the relevant taught curriculum.
5. A strong commitment to extra-curricular activities.
6. Excellent inter-personal skills.
7. Strong administrative, organisational and IT skills.
8. The ability to role-model our Leadership for a better world attributes.
9. A willingness to engage in School life beyond the regular day.
Duties and responsibilities
The generic duties of a specialist teacher include:
1. Responsibility for delivering the curriculum
2. Assessment, recording and reporting
3. Pastoral care
4. Professional Development
The teacher will be mainly employed in the subject delivery of geography and humanities as reasonably directed within the Prep and Senior phases of the school. The teacher will be expected to carry out more specific duties within his/her immediate ‘department’ as reasonably directed by the Head of Department. Such expectations should be clearly communicated ideally via a Departmental handbook and/or minuted meetings.
Line Manager (assigned at start of academic year) Your immediate line manager for purposes of appraisal and delegation of other duties is: The Director of Studies