Carshalton High School for Girls
Teacher of Geography
Pay: Main Pay Scale (Outer London)
Required from: September 2019
Carshalton High School for Girls is a high achieving school judged by Ofsted in November 2017 as Good in all categories and Good overall.
Are you an excellent teacher wanting to join a highly successful department in a popular School with relevant continuous professional development?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic practitioner to teach Geography. This is an ideal opportunity for a NQT, or a chance for an experienced practitioner to take on a new and exciting challenge. Geography is an extremely popular subject, being part of the core curriculum at KS and a popular option at both KS4 and KS5.
The successful candidate will:
• Join a forward-looking, high achieving school.
• Contribute to the wider improvement of the school.
• Be driven and passionate about securing positive outcomes for students.
• Be joining a highly supportive school, where staff work together as a strong team.
What we can offer you:
• A welcoming, friendly and supportive environment.
• A culture of distributed leadership.
• Opportunities and encouragement to develop both personally and professionally.
• A school that has wellbeing as a high priority.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form, and send it to the Headteacher’s PA Mrs Sam Willard.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Closing Date for Applications: 12 Noon Wednesday May 22nd 2019
Interviews: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we apologise for being unable to contact unsuccessful shortlisted candidates.
In line with our recruitment policy and for the protection of our students, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a culturally diverse workforce which reflects the nature of our Trust community.