“Geography is not important: it is essential.” – National Geospatial Centre of Excellence (NGCE)
We need a talented teacher of Geography who has the passion to provide our children with the best possible experience of this essential subject. Could it be you?
Whether you’re an NQT or you have been teaching Geography for decades, to be truly ‘great’ you need an environment in which pupils genuinely want to learn. An environment in which your colleagues are as geeky about your subject as you are.
Our teachers work very hard but they only ever do work which is going to make a difference for our pupils. Quite simply, we believe in common sense approaches to everything. That means:
- Our teachers do minimal marking. Why spend ages with a red pen when there are much better ways to give pupils the feedback they need?
- We never ask for lesson plans. Of any kind. Ever.
- Although schemes of work and resources are provided, they are not prescriptive – we cherish individual approaches to delivery.
- There is no pressure to ‘put on a show’ in lessons: A culture of typicality is reinforced by no lesson gradings (outstanding, good, etc).
- Everyone has the highest expectations of behaviour, with all staff (not just teaching staff) reinforcing those expectations.
- A clear system of sanctions is applied consistently so staff don’t have to battle with pupils.
- Senior Leadership are very visible and all staff ‘own’ their corridors.
- CPD is tailored specifically to staff needs, based off their feedback. This includes a fully funded Masters programme available to everyone.
- There are no prizes for looking busy or staying late – we work in a way that suits us we make sure you make time for ourselves and our families.
That’s just 9 of the things we do to secure our teachers’ well-being. There are many more here: http://www.barrbeaconschool.co.uk/47-things-we-do-staff-well-being/
By this point, you are probably thinking: all adverts say roughly the same thing don’t they? That’s why we urge you to visit us. There’s a real buzz about the place which no amount of words can convey, so please come to see Barr Beacon School for yourself.
If you are already interested in joining us, visit www.barrbeaconschool.co.uk to download an application f orm and send it to Lynsey Draycott: LDraycott@barrbeaconschool.co.uk
Application Deadline: Monday 24th February 2020
Early Application Welcome
Matrix Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.