We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher of Geography who must be willing to teach Travel and Tourism if needed. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and forward thinking teacher who has the ability to teach both to A Level and BTEC specifications. All teaching staff are expected to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
The English College, Dubai is an established, co-educational secondary school that opened in 1992. We offer a curriculum that addresses the National Curriculum of England with courses leading to GCSE and GCE A level examinations.
Our exceptional teachers, motivated students and highly supportive parent body create a vibrant learning community that works together to achieve results far above those expected. Our dedicated, UK qualified staff create innovative lessons and maintain high standards, enabling our students to achieve 90% A*-C at GCSE and 83% A*-C at A Level last academic year.
Currently 665 students with an increasing roll, our student body is both international and dynamic. This creates a vibrant learning environment with diversity and tolerance at its core. Students maintain strong links with The English College long after leaving and our links with the local community are clear.
The English College, Dubai has a well-established pastoral system and a strong academic tradition. Our teachers form an integral part of maintaining our high standards. The governance of the school is undertaken by LVS Ascot in the UK, whose patron is HM The Queen. They support The English College in developing innovative, inclusive provision for our students and plans for expansion and further development are a foremost priority for the College. As such, we are seeking applicants for teaching positions at the College, for the academic year 2018-19.
Successful applicants will:
- Be enthusiastic, talented and dedicated practitioners with excellent subject knowledge
- Hold PGCE or equivalent teaching qualifications from the UK
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching to A level and have QTS
- Be able to provide a UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check
- Be professional in appearance and conduct
- Be willing to contribute to the wider curriculum and support the vision of the College.
Our remuneration package includes:
- Tax free salary
- Furnished accommodation in a central Dubai location
- Medical insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Baggage allowance for initial relocation
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- Visa costs
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law.
Please apply by completing the online application form alternatively please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline for this vacancy is Tuesday 13th February, 2018, we look forward to receiving your application.
Interviews will be taking place in London from the 16th to the 20th February. Shortlisting will take place on receipt of application.