Start date: September 2021
Contract term: Permanent
Contract type: Full Time
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
If you are a teacher who is enthusiastic, committed to delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning then we are keen for you to apply for the post of Teacher of Geography at Westfield Academy.
We are an 11-16 co-educational school, in Somerset, serving the town of Yeovil and the surrounding villages. Westfield is an oversubscribed and successful school with a good reputation. Student numbers are increasing and are set to continue to grow significantly over the next few years.
‘This school continues to be good’. (Ofsted, May 2018)
We can offer you:
- A committed and supportive leadership team, teaching and support staff
- A range of career development opportunities including induction and mentoring
- A stable and caring school community with well behaved, motivated and delightful students
- A school that is financially stable and well-managed
- A pleasant, green site with outstanding facilities
- An opportunity to live and work in a fantastic part of the country.
- A chromebook for each member of the teaching staff
We are looking for people with:
- A passion for learning and teaching and an ambition to develop their own practice
- The ability to inspire students to attain the highest possible outcomes
Westfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
For further details please follow the links below and visit our website, www.westfieldacademy.co.uk or contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Lisa Jeffreys, tel: 01935 446851, email: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 21 April 2021 at 11:00am.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28 April 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5:00pm on Thursday 22 April 2021.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years