Job reference number TEGER0418
The school seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher of German. The position is for one year covering for a colleague on sabbatical.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an excellent and enthusiastic classroom teacher.
- Be a well-qualified and experienced specialist, able to teach German up to IB level or equivalent.
- Be familiar with the (I)GCSE syllabus.
- Make excellent use of modern technologies to enhance teaching and learning in languages.
- Contribute to all academic and pastoral aspects of school life including providing support and intervention for students.
- Contribute to the schools extensive extra-curricular programme by offering at least one extra-curricular club ideally with a language focus.
- Work collaboratively within the senior school to develop and deliver high quality teaching and learning guaranteeing the best possible outcomes for all students.
- To contribute to whole school events, trips and visits which promote the study of German.
Main areas of responsibility:
To carry out all policies of the Department you teach within.
To prepare suitable lesson plans and schemes of work
To register students during each lesson.
To ensure that the uniform and general appearance of students is good and attention given to any shortcomings, and that high standards of classroom discipline are maintained.
To set and mark work, including homework, regularly for all students. To attend departmental meetings as requested.
To set and mark examination papers in consultation with the Head of Department and following school policies
To prepare assessments, reports and profiles for scheduled dates, and to attend relevant Parents’ Evenings.
To encourage students to care for text books and exercise books.
To teach the students to set out their work properly and to work neatly.
To set work for classes if absent, especially when absences are known in advance.
To plan work which differentiates carefully to encompass the range of abilities and the particular needs of any group, in line with school policies and enabling all students to achieve their potential.
To use a wide range of teaching styles, recognising that different students have different preferred ways of learning.
To maintain good relationships with parents and to be reasonably available to discuss any concerns.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications Monday 23rd April 2018
Interview date Commencing Thursday 26th April 2018
Short listing will commence immediately after the closing date. Where an outstanding candidate is available, we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Please complete the application form available at http://www.stgeorge.school.it/Employment, continuing on a separate sheet if necessary, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, inserting the job reference in the title of the email.
Our preference is for you to complete and submit the application form electronically. If this is not possible, then please use black ink for handwritten applications. Please do not submit a CV or send certificates or testimonials at this stage.
Please note that, as well as a face-to-face or Skype interview, the selection process may include another form of assessment (e.g. administrative test, demonstration of practical skill, a presentation etc.) if relevant.
Shortlisted candidates will have references taken up prior to interview.
Conditional Offer of Appointment
Any offer to a successful candidate will be conditional upon the following:
- verification of identity, qualifications and professional status;
- a safeguarding check;
- receipt of at least two satisfactory references (one of which should be from your current or most recent employer);
- verification of medical fitness (completion of a medical declaration).
The successful candidate will receive a salary and benefits that are highly competitive in the International sector and consistent with the status that St George’s holds as an HMC school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The school is also committed to a policy of equal opportunity.