The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic graduate Teacher to teach PE and Games and to help in the growth and development of the PE department. You will be an outstanding teacher of PE, with the ability to teach across a range of disciplines at GCSE and willing to contribute to the teaching of A level.
- A good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification.
- Ability to demonstrate the capabilities required to assist in building a department.
- Ability to teach Girls’ PE/Games from Year 7 to sixth form, including GCSE and if possible A Level PE.
- Experience of DofE will be advantageous but not essential.
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB/digital projectors. A VLE is updated regularly as a priority to support student learning.
- Offer extra-curricular programmes in a range of sports and activities supported by other members of staff.
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school and to commit to extra-curricular clubs before and after school along with occasional Saturday fixtures and tournaments.
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on 23 March 2018.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.