Teacher of Girls’ PE and Games
Permanent – Full-time
KST Teaching Staff Pay Scale
Reports to the Director of Sport
Start Date: September 2019
The West London Free School aims to provide all pupils, no matter what their background, with a classical liberal education. We have a distinctive school culture built on a passion for bringing rich, demanding and inspiring knowledge to pupils of all abilities. We treasure the subject knowledge of staff, we value their passion for continuing to grow as subject-specialists and we support their subject-specific development. There is a firm and fair approach to behaviour, systematically supported by senior staff: all pupil detentions are centralised and run by senior staff every day. Teachers are therefore able to prioritise the planning and teaching of subject knowledge. School leaders all teach, love their subjects, understand workload pressures and are highly visible around school.
Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, no matter what their background or ability. We place a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of core knowledge through the study of traditional subjects. Our pupils in each year group are enthusiastic and making excellent progress in PE.
Key characteristics of the role include:
• To be a model of excellent practice, maintaining a clear focus on the outstanding delivery of PE to pupils.
• To stimulate and encourage pupils to a high standard of interest and work in the subject, ensuring that the needs of the individual are met.
• To assist the Director of Sport in the production of schemes of work for Key Stage 3 and 4, and to monitor their subsequent effectiveness.
• To monitor the progress of pupils according to the department and school assessment policy and to advise on set changes.
• To show a commitment to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the department by taking part in sharing resources, collaborative teaching, mentoring and active participation in continuing professional development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- An ability to teach PE from KS3 to GCSE.
- A passion for PE and exceptional subject knowledge. Experience of coaching hockey and/or netball would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Commitment to the co-curricular programme.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Effective and efficient communication skills with both pupils and staff.
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos of the school.
- There may be an opportunity for a Head of Girls’ PE and Games role for the right candidate.
The West London Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application deadline: 9.00am on Friday 24th May 2019. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 3rd June 2019.
If you wish to apply, please complete and return the attached application form with a covering letter to Sarah Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org.