Since its opening in 2003 as the second 11-19 school in the, now six-strong, Emmanuel Schools Foundation, The King’s Academy has made exceptional provision for students in Coulby Newham and the surrounding areas of south Middlesbrough. The vision of the Emmanuel Schools Foundation is to provide excellence in academic achievement for students of all abilities within a biblical Christian framework that allows for personal, spiritual, moral and social development. Provision is fully inclusive with a highly diverse intake, valuing all students and staff equally.
We require, for Easter 2021, an enthusiastic graduate qualified to teach PE at KS3, GCSE and A level. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons within this highly committed department is essential.
This post, which is a part-time maternity cover, would suit an experienced or recently/newly qualified classroom teacher.
* There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that all applicants must be female.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in an Academy which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards and expectations for yourself and for your students, please do contact us.
We can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
• Competitive salaries and pay progression
• Access to extensive professional development opportunities
• Generous pension schemes
• Free, good quality, lunches
• Competitive terms and conditions of employment
To arrange an informal visit, please call Recruitment on 01642 577 577 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Monday, 25 January 2021
Interview date: w/c Monday, 25 January 2021
THE KING’S ACADEMY, MIDDLESBROUGH (by North York Moors National Park, and also commutable from York, Newcastle, Durham, Ripon, Richmond, Thirsk)
- Distinct Christian ethos, with highly diverse intake
- Strong track record of students’ achievement at all stages
- Excellent student behaviour throughout the Academy
- Focus on ‘character first’ education
- Large and expanding Sixth Form
- Unique inclusion policy: specialist provision (c.10% of entry) for visual and hearing impairment and higher learning needs
- Superb opportunities for CPD and rapid career progression
The King’s Academy takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.
The King's Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Emmanuel Schools Foundation provides centres of academic excellence where staff and students have the opportunity to achieve their personal best. Beginning with Emmanuel College in 1990, The Foundation has sponsored academies in Middlesbrough, Th...