Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,500 pupils offering a rich and deep curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in October 2019 and was judged ‘Outstanding’.
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
Teacher of Girls’ PE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and able Teacher of Girls’ PE to join our successful PE department as a maternity cover.
You will be joining a thriving academy who achieve outstanding results. The PE department is highly successful and in addition delivers an extensive extra-curricular programme, providing opportunities at all levels with regular achievements at a national level.
We are looking for a forward thinking, inspirational practitioner to work collaboratively with your colleagues, deliver outstanding lessons and to support in the development of the curriculum, raising academic achievement and ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress.
The successful applicant will be:
• Able to inspire pupils of all abilities within your subjects to achieve their highest potential across Key Stage 3 and 4.
• Able to generate ideas and drive initiatives.
• Committed to delivering consistently outstanding teaching and ability to share your practice with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Able to have a positive impact on the progress of both the pupils that are directly taught by you and those taught by the department.
• Able to implement intervention strategies so that no pupil is left behind.
Desirable qualities we seek from the successful applicant:
• An outstanding practitioner.
• Inspirational, dedicated and motivated.
• Passionate about PE and the education of young people.
• Committed to Castleford Academy vision and values.
• Committed to achieving the best for every pupil.
• Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development of teaching initiatives and strategies, promoting PE as a subject.
• Able to provide an active contribution to the wider part of academy life.
Part time applications will be considered.
This post would be suitable for an outstanding ECT who is looking for an excellent starting ground within a highly supportive environment or an established teacher seeking to further develop their career within an existing highly successful team.
For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or telephone Miss Ellis Betteridge, HR Officer on 01977 605060. The deadline for applications is Friday 10th December 2021 at 12 noon.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr Wesley Bush, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
About Castleford Academy
‘Care’ ‘Aspire’ ‘Succeed’
Castleford Academy is an exceptional over-subscribed 11-19 school catering for over 1,400 pupils. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum, we are proud of our achievements and firm commi...