Due to significant expansion of the school c. 220 Year 7 pupils joining in September 2017, Our Lady & St Bede Catholic Academy and the Directors of Carmel Education Trust wish to appoint an excellent Teacher of Girls’ Physical Education. The role may appeal to candidates seeking their first teaching post or, equally, to recently qualified or more experienced teachers, looking to develop in a school which is totally committed to Physical Education. Whilst this is initially a 1 year fixed term contract it may become a permanent position the following year.
Over the last three years significant improvements have been made in all areas of the school, building on existing strengths and working alongside the Carmel Education Trust.
Our 2016 academic achievements include:
- Highest performing school in the North East: 1st / 150 schools
- Highest performing school in the North: 1st / 229 schools
- Top 1% of schools nationally: 45th in the country
- 86% A*-C English & Maths
- 85% A*-C in all examinations
- 400+ grades A*-A: over 1 in 3 of all exam entries
- 700+ grades A*-B: over 6 in 10 of all exam entries
- Progress 8: +0.69
- GCSE PE: 50% A*-A, 75% A*-B, 100% A*-C, +0.68 Progress
- BTEC PE: 100% A*-B, +0.82 Progress
We wish to appoint a teacher with:
- A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all students.
- A commitment to maximising achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
- A passion for contributing to the development of our Physical Education department at a very exciting time.
- A strong commitment to understanding and promoting the school's Catholic/Christian ethos.
You are very welcome to contact us to arrange an informal visit to the school. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: email@example.com
For an application form, please e-mail Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will only be accepted on the official CES application form available from the school. Closing date: Monday 26th June 2017, 9:00am.