• Highly competitive (Inner London rates)
• Excellent staff development opportunities
• Additional TLR allowance for suitably experienced applicants
• Recruitment & Retention allowance
• Relocation expenses
We are seeking an inspirational, well-qualified and dynamic teacher of government and politics to join our highly effective department from September 2021 or earlier. The ability to also teach another subject (such as history) would be an advantage. The government and politics department teaches the Edexcel syllabus. In the current academic year, 38 students are studying the subject in year 13 and 66 in year 12. Typically almost all students are awarded at least a B at A level and typically over 50% are awarded an A or A*.
The main ambition of the department is to instill a scholarly enthusiasm for the study of politics, which will as a broad objective, create critically informed citizens and as a more specific objective, provide a strong foundation for those who wish to continue the subject to university level. As academic professionals, we are committed to providing an intellectually balanced approach to the subject, regardless of personal political values or allegiances. Whilst we regard ourselves as playing a key role in the transfer of conceptual and evidential knowledge, we encourage our students to explore political topics for themselves through disciplined independent research, using the full range of modern media available. This also underpins our aim to stimulate informed discussion within our classes. We strongly value the importance of facilitating intellectual exploration and allowing our students to develop skills of debate and oral argument.
Our extra-curricular program includes a visit to Westminster, and opportunities to participate in Model United Nations events at home and in Europe.
There are currently three members of the department teaching on a full-time basis. This new post seeks to widen and diversify the teaching expertise within the department. Alongside a commitment to academic excellence, as individual teachers we enjoy considerable independence of opinion and style but have long made a practice of innovation, sharing resources and updates of teaching materials.
Government and politics sits loosely in the history department. This is a large, friendly, and very high-performing department that achieves at a nationally recognized level. We consistently deploy a variety of exciting, varied and often experimental teaching styles so that all of our students feel involved, stretched and challenged.
We wish to employ a Teacher of Politics/History who is:
• A subject specialist with an ability to enthuse and motivate our highly ambitious students
• Passionate about the subject and has excellent subject knowledge to challenge and enthuse our highly able and ambitious students
• ICT literate and able to contribute to the further development of ICT for both teaching and learning
• A confident and highly effective classroom teacher, sensitive to pupils’ needs and with high expectations of what can be achieved
• A team player who is capable of working closely with the rest of the department.
Please visit our website www.bramptonmanor.org to apply and obtain further details about this role.
All completed application forms should be sent by email to email@example.com
Brampton Manor Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are fully committed to the safeguarding of children. Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received
Brampton Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Brampton Manor Academy is a highly successful 11-18 mixed school and we serve a rich and culturally diverse community in East Ham, close to London City Airport and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park situated in Stratford.
Ranked as one of the top schoo...