Job Title: Teacher of Hairdressing
Grade and Salary: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
Working pattern: Full or Part time
Contract term: Permanent
Location: Ashfield School, Sutton Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8HP
Ashfield School is rightly proud of its strong reputation for the high standards of teaching, behaviour and academic achievement. One of the largest school’s in England, our ethos is to support, inspire and challenge people to give of their best in our safe, happy and ambitious learning and working environment.
A Teacher of Hairdressing is required to join our successful Vocational Studies faculty.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, resourceful, and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved. The post would be suitable for a level 3 qualified hairdresser with salon experience who possesses A1 Assessor Award or equivalent. CTLLS, PTLLS and DTLLS would be desirable. QTS or QTLS is not essential but an ambition to work towards QTLS would be a positive attribute.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
• An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: 30th September 2021 at midday
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure, two satisfactory references and successful completion of pre-employment vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years