When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational teacher of Health and Social Care to join our expanding team of staff, from January 2020. This post is suitable for an NQT or a more experienced teacher. Health and Social Care is growing in popularity at Whitley Academy and we currently offer Pearson BTEC level 2 at KS4 and BTEC level 3 at KS5. While the majority of your time would be spent teaching Health and Social Care, there would also be a need to possibly teach a second subject. You will be a highly motivated individual who is determined to make a significant impact on young people’s learning and development.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Health and Social Care to at least KS5 and one other subject to at least KS3.
- Committed to making a difference,
- Passionate about Health and Social Care and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Someone who has high expectations of both pupils and colleagues and
- Someone who can work well as part of a team and is committed to their professional development.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- An ambitious senior leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy,
- Access to high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff.
- Bespoke programme of NQT/RQT training and support including opportunities for development at middle and senior leader level as appropriate (NPQML, SLE, NPQSL).
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for career progression and leadership. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date 14th October 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a few days of the closing date. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.