ST MARY’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Newcastle upon Tyne
Headteacher: J Foster
Teacher of Health & Social Care
Main/Upper Pay Range
Required for September 2017
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and well qualified Health and Social Care teacher to join this outstanding school. The successful candidate will contribute to a department that prides itself on very high standards of teaching and learning. As in all of our appointments, we are looking for a teacher who has a passion for providing an excellent holistic education for students and who would be committed to promoting the school’s distinctive Catholic/Christian ethos.
St Mary’s is a very successful, popular and happy school, rated Outstanding by the Diocese and Ofsted. We became an academy in 2013 and enjoy outstanding facilities in a new building which opened in 2011. We are also very popular with parents and are one of the most over-subscribed schools in the north-east. We have over 1000 students in the main school and our Sixth Form of 200 is expected to grow to 300 in the next three years.
In addition, we are a National Support School, increasingly engaged in school to school support, as well as a core partner in a Teaching School Alliance. Opportunities for professional development are, therefore, wide-ranging and an added attraction for potential new staff.
At St Mary’s, Health and Social Care is a well-established and highly respected department with excellent results. Recent highlights include:-
- Key Stage 4 –100% Level 2 Pass or better and 74% Merit or better in 2016
- Key Stage 5 - 93% of pupils achieved a Distinction or better at Key Stage 5 in 2016
- Leadership, teaching and the climate for learning in Health and Social Care are all outstanding.
Above all, the Governors wish to appoint a teacher with:-
- A clear commitment to nurturing and promoting the school’s distinctive ethos.
- A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all students.
- A commitment to maximising achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
- An excellent track record as a classroom teacher.
Application packs are available to download from the TES website or e-mail the Headteacher’s PA, firstname.lastname@example.org or write to her at the school address - Benton Park Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7PE. (Tel: 0191 2153260). Please return the completed CES Application form, your covering letter and completed disclosure form to the Headteacher's PA, Julie Patterson (email@example.com).
Closing date: 9:00am Tuesday 2 May 2017.
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.