The David Nieper Academy is a newly formed academy in Alfreton, Derbyshire. A brand new school building opened in early 2017 with the Sixth Form Centre open in September 2017. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across all year groups. This year we have seen an increase in student numbers within each year group and we are looking to build on this year on year. This is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key component in the development of the new academy.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a teacher of Health and Social Care with Psychology to continue the outstanding work of this area in developing our Sixth form provision.
The successful candidate must be able to:
· plan and deliver outstanding lessons that engage and motive students
· work well as part of a team
· have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· organise employer links and work experience placements
· have a ‘can-do’ attitude; be highly organised and
· have the ability to work under pressure.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
To provide highly effective teaching of Health and Social Care BTEC and A Level Psychology within our new Sixth Form. There will also be a requirement to teach a second subject to KS3 and/or 4. To contribute to the ongoing development of the Sixth Form including the weekly employer engagement and/or work experience which is integral to our Sixth Form courses.
· To teach Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2 and 3 within the Sixth Form
· To teach A level Psychology
· To organising and coordinate the weekly employer engagement and/or work placement as an integral part of the Sixth Form provision
· To contribute to teaching of a second subject at KS3 and/or 4
· To lead and deliver applied learning activities across the academy
· To be a form tutor
· To contribute to the co-curricular life of the school
· Participate in the academy Performance Management arrangements
Teaching and Learning
· Plan and teach engaging and challenging lessons that pave the way for success in school and life
· Meet the needs of all learners by consistently planning and teaching carefully differentiated lessons
· Contribute to Sixth Form and Faculty planning and the creation and updating of schemes of work
· Use regular, measurable and significant assessments of teaching
· Set and mark appropriate homework
· Complete all reporting on time
· Closely monitor progress and attainment of all students and use it to inform teaching
· Provide content for and, where necessary, deliver high quality student interventions with direction from the Head of Faculty
· Work to ensure that all students achieve or exceed targets
· Maintain regular and productive communication with parents about their child’s progress, behaviour and development, including attending after school parent meetings as required
· Undertake professional development as agreed with academy leaders
· Perform additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school as directed by the Headteacher.
How to Apply
To apply please complete and return an application form along with your covering letter, clearly demonstrating your suitability for this post. Send via email for the attention of the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Michelle Hackett, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 17th January 2018
Interviews are likely to take place week beginning 29th January 2018. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.