Teacher of History and Politics 0.6 of Full time
We are seeking to recruit an inspiring teacher with a passion for History and Politics. The History and Politics Department has four full-time teachers due to the popularity of both subjects. The Department teaches History at KS3, GCSE and both subjects at A Level.
In recent years we have been successful in generating excellent value-added results as well as attaining excellent university offers. To support departmental growth there are plans to extend and improve departmental space. This well-qualified, dynamic team encourages innovation inside and outside the classroom and it provides an excellent working environment.
As a Department, we aim to develop independent and inquisitive learners who enjoy their studies of History/Politics.
Full details about the Department can be found at:
- Ability and desire to learn about teaching and pedagogy
- Ability to inspire and teach pupils of different abilities and backgrounds in a co-educational context
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High professional standards and integrity
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and to prioritise within a busy boarding school environment
- Good ICT skills Qualifications and Experience
- An Honours degree, (or Masters) in History or Politics (or similar) is essential
- Some experience of teaching or of education would be advantageous
- Experience teaching both subjects to A-Level would be advantageous, although not essential
- Experience contributing to departmental activities outside of the classroom, societies, debates, speakers etc. would also be beneficial.
For more information about Dean Close School and our current vacancies please visit: http://www.deanclose.org.uk/Vacancies
Dean Close School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.