Secondary – Full Time – One Year Temporary Contract – Salary: MPS / UPR – Start: 2 September 2019
Governors are seeking to recruit an inspirational, dedicated and ambitious Teacher of History who is willing to go the 'extra mile' on behalf of students and staff, to join our 'outstanding' History Department. This role will involve teaching across the History curriculum across the Key Stages along with the opportunity to teach Politics at A Level. It is an exciting time for the department as we seek to embed a ‘knowledge rich’ curriculum at Key Stage Three whilst maintaining excellent take up and results at Key Stage Four and Five.
We are proud, as a truly comprehensive school reflecting the cosmopolitan make up of Leeds, to have been recognised by Ofsted as an 'outstanding school' which is 'all about its students' where 'staff ensure that each one, regardless of background or ability, is given every opportunity to shine'.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an excellent and hardworking teacher who shares our passion to improve all that we do. Applications from NQTs or recently qualified colleagues are welcomed.
• Most oversubscribed in the city with the highest attendance
• 100% staff recommend the school as a place to work
• 300 students study History at KS4 and 150 study History and Government and Politics at A-Level
• 'An outstanding Sixth Form' Ofsted
• The largest school sixth form in Leeds (500+)
• National Support School and Red Kite Teaching School Alliance strategic partner
• SSAT Educational Outcomes Award 2018
• 'Behaviour for learning across the entire school is outstanding' Ofsted
Application deadline: 9.00am on Wednesday 26 June 2019
We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time should the right candidate be found.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.roundhayschool.org.uk