Would you like to be part of a school who has a long tradition of Academic excellence, strong pastoral care and high expectations for all, where exams result in 2018 were the best ever in the history of the school and a superb 84% of all students gained grade 9 – 4 in both English and Maths. Then Harlington Upper School is the school for you.
This post would suit a committed and skilled teacher who wants to make a real difference and help all our students achieve the highest possible standards.
We can offer you:
· Excellent Induction with staff wellbeing as its highest priority
· The opportunity to work alongside our dedicated and hardworking History department
· Excellent professional development and guidance.
· The opportunity to teach in a highly successful academy, which achieved the best KS4 results in Central Bedfordshire in 2018 for the 2nd year running.
· A rural location, but with excellent transport links to larger towns and cities such as Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton and London via the M1 and Thameslink train line – the train station is only a 10 - 15 minute walk away.
· Friendly and supportive working environment
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities
· Good promotion prospects and career development
· Popular school, attracting many out of catchment students
· Thriving Sixth Form with approx. 270 students
· Well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment