Impington Village College – part of the Morris Education Trust
Teacher of History with TLR for excellent candidate
IVC MS/IVC UPS
Required Easter 2018
“Impington Village College is one of the best secondary schools in the country” Telegraph 16/09/2016
With the continued expansion of our successful Humanities Faculty we are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher with energy, enthusiasm and a love of History. This role would offer the opportunity to teach History across Key Stages 3-5, including as part of the International Baccalaureate Diploma in our ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted 2016) international sixth form.
History is one of the strongest and most popular subjects in the College, with over half of all students opting to study it at GCSE level. The results have improved consistently in recent years, with 60% of students achieving an A or A* and 90% at C or above. As a totally inclusive, non-selective College, these results place the department as one of the best in the country. Outcomes in the International sixth form are similarly positive for History at both A Level and IB, and are well above the international average at both Standard and Higher level.
This role is ideal for a teacher wishing to build on their experience in a highly successful faculty, and a TLR is available for a suitably ambitious and excellent candidate.
This is also a great time to be joining Impington Village College. The College has delivered spectacular outcomes over the last two years, placing us in the top 5% of all schools nationally and establishing Impington as a leading provider in the region, including a Progress8 score of 0.66 and an IB Diploma pass rate of 97%, with an average point score of 34. The College received an excellent Ofsted report in Spring 2016, and this was followed by a successful application to be the Lead School in our new Teaching School Alliance, the newly-formed Morris Teaching School Alliance.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner who has:
• strong subject knowledge to KS5 and excellent classroom practice
• the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• a strong classroom presence to be able to achieve high levels of student engagement and progress
• the qualities to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the Faculty
IVC can provide you with:
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within
• a full programme of CPD and as IVC is a strategic partner within CASSA Teaching Schools Alliance, access to outstanding professional development and research opportunities
• support to teachers who wish to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University “SUPER Programme”
• funding and support to complete the CMI Leadership and Coaching qualification
Closing Date 10am Tuesday 28 November
Please see our website – vacancies section – for further information: www.impington.cambs.sch.uk We would be very happy to accommodate a request to visit the College. If you wish to arrange a visit please contact Valerie Hastings Principal’s PA at email@example.com
If you wish to apply for the role please apply via the TES and return to Susan Kay HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
IVC is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required and pre-employment checks are undertaken on all post-holders. We do not accept applications by CV