A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic colleague to join our vibrant and successful school.
What we offer
• A collaborative department that is experienced, innovative and supportive
• Consistently strong results with high uptake at KS4 and KS5, and many students taking the subject at university
• The opportunity to contribute to a diverse KS3 curriculum
• The opportunity to learn and develop your teaching of History, as well contribute to the department and faculty as a whole
We need you to be
• A highly-reflective teacher who wants to develop and improve their practice
• Committed to having strong relationships with staff and students
• Passionate about teaching History at KS3, GCSE and A Level
• Interested in evidenced-based teaching strategies that help students in their learning
• Able to teach a second subject in the faculty if required
“Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. Leaders have ensured that they have very good opportunities for training and development. Many staff have moved on to promoted posts internally and elsewhere. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils”. (Ofsted).
“Students’ pride in their school is evident; we think this is what all urban comprehensive schools should look like” (Good Schools Guide)
“An exceptional climate for learning” (Challenge Partners)
We welcome applications from colleagues who are looking to work part time and will always consider job shares or other flexible arrangements.
Details and an application form can be downloaded from our website.
Closing Date: Monday 19th April at 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 27th April
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will be made with previous employers.
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years