The Roseland Academy is a high-performing school where every child achieves academic excellence, contributes to their community and enjoys learning. In 2016/17 The Roseland was the best performing school in Cornwall and within the top 2.5% in the country, ranking 154th of 6402 schools. 2016 GCSE results saw 75% of our students achieve the benchmark of 5 or more A*-C grades, including English and Maths, and more than a third of our Year 11 students received at least three or more A* or A grades. In 2017 our results have improved even further on last year and if we use last year's national results as a guide, we will be even higher in the national rankings.
We are seeking to add to our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of History. This unique opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play a wide-ranging and integral role in a highly successful department at The Roseland Academy and across the Multi-Academy Trust. You will have a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your students and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning. The ability to teach another subject would be desirable.
The Roseland Academy is looking for its teachers to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed regardless of their starting point
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Be committed to high standards of achievement, behaviour and attendance
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through extra-curricular activities
- Have the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff in a forward-looking, successful school on a rural site on the beautiful Roseland Peninsula in Cornwall
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards of staff and students
- An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new Key Stage 3 and 4 curriculum
- Competitive salaries, based on skills and experience
If the challenges of working as part of a successful teaching team appeals to you, then we would like to hear from you.
The Roseland Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our policies we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked ‘Private & Confidential for the Headteacher'. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level.
Further information is available from our website: www.theroseland.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Roseland Academy with any questions on 01872 530675 or via email at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 9am on 16 October
Interviews to take place: 20 October