Are you looking for a History teaching post in which you can make a genuine difference to young people’s lives?
Are you seeking to work in a school that is committed to supporting the professional development of all staff?
If the answer is yes, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
The Spires College is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of History. We are passionate about the importance of excellent teaching and fervently believe in the power of education to transform lives. If you always aim to inspire and enthuse students through your teaching and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
The College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. We are committed to staff’s professional development and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
• excellent professional development and a wide range of career development opportunities;
• a high level of support for all new staff;
• the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College;
• an exciting, stimulating, friendly place to work
• a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
• be, or have the potential to become, an exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner;
• be committed to working in a close, collaborative team environment within the History Department;
• be able to use a strong pedagogical understanding to successfully deliver the history curriculum;
• be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life.
The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching. The ability to teach to A Level is desirable but not necessary. We would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced teachers who wish to take advantage of a new challenge.
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do.
For further details about the post including details of how to apply, please visit http://www.thespirescollege.com/about/job-vacancies or contact Nadine Osborne, PA to the Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 3pm on Monday 8 March 2021. Interviews Friday 12 March 2021.
The Spires College
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years