Teacher of History
All Saints is a Voluntary Aided 11-16 Church of England Secondary School on Dorset’s beautiful Jurassic coast. We are looking for an inspiring and ambitious classroom teacher with a passion for History to join our forward-looking and friendly Humanities Department in September 2019. The position is full time but with flexibility for part time for the right candidate.
We wish to appoint a colleague who will:
1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
4. Plan and teach well structured lessons
5. Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment
7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
8. Fulfill wider professional responsibilities, to include a commitment to professional development
We are committed to enriching our pupils’ experience of the subject and welcome creative input into the curriculum and educational visits..
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for the subject; have a commitment to further develop their place at the heart of our school; be possessed with excellent communication skills and have an empathy with the aims and ethos of the school and those of Ambitions Academies Trust who have been approved as the new sponsor for All Saints School.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria in addition to that specified in the person specification:
• Be eligible to work in the UK
• Be qualified to teach secondary History to GCSE
• Have recent experience
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Prohibition check, an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and, where relevant, any checks from time abroad in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Applicants must complete the application on https://jobs.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/ . Complete all details, including a professional email address, to allow us to request two references, one of which must be the Head/Director/Principal of the current or most recent employer and one from an alternative employment. The reference requests will ask for confirmation of any disciplinary issues and your suitability to work with children.
An appointment can only be finalised on receipt of all relevant checks.