Smart Teachers is recruiting for a hard-working and personable teacher of History and Government & Politics for a very successful school based in Harrow, North West London. The successful candidate will be joining a diligent and committed department within a school that has been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Alongside students who are engaged in lessons and motivation to succeed, staff are supported very well by both middle and senior management. School wide, the team is warm and welcoming and they have worked hard to build a strong school community that is inclusive and encourages input from the wider community. For the right person this will be a permanent appointment from September 2017 and salary will be in line with MPS/UPS outer London. A desire to grow and take on responsibility within the department in the future would be an advantage; however, this position is open to any newly qualified teachers and also teachers who have trained outside the United Kingdom. The interview process will begin once any suitable CVs have been submitted.
About the Role
· Job reference: dxm8157
· Teacher of Humanities
· Teaching a split timetable of History and Government & Politics
· Permanent Contract
· Salary in line with MPS/UPS outer London- up to £42,077
About the School
· A large and very successful school based in the outer London borough of Harrow
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Impressive buildings and grounds
· Excellent CPD Opportunities
· School has a strong reputation in Harrow and throughout Greater London
· Well connected by local public transport and ample parking
In order to be considered for this role, the History and Government & Politics teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold QTS or an equivalent overseas qualification
· NQTs and overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
· This role is suitable for NQTs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number dxm8157.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.