Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
THE ENGLISH MARTYRS SCHOOL AND SIXTH FORM COLLEGE
Catcote Road, HARTLEPOOL, TS25 4HA
Tel: 01429 273790
11-18 CATHOLIC COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL
Number on Roll 1214 +219 in Sixth Form
TEACHER OF HISTORY MPS
Job Start September 2018
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of History to join our successful school and thriving department.
We are looking for someone who:
· Is an excellent teacher, interested in exploring new and exciting teaching strategies
· Can use their passion and commitment to make a real difference for children in our school
· Can work effectively as part of a team
· Is committed to having high expectations of all students
In return we can offer:
· A committed and friendly team aiming for excellence
· Support from a dedicated team of Historians
- A commitment to high quality professional development
History is a very strong department which is currently held in very high regard by students and parents. We are seeking a member of staff who would be able to teach up to Key Stage 4 and there is also the possibility to teach Key Stage 5 if desired by the applicant. The post would therefore suit either an experienced teacher wishing to extend their experience in our successful environment or a newly qualified teacher.
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service and additional recruitment checks.
Application forms and further details are available from the Headteacher’s P.A. Lisa Foster email@example.com. Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged via the Headteacher’s PA.
Closing date:21.5.18 (12 noon)