An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic History specialist to join our highly successful History & Politics department. As well as impressive outcomes at GCSE, History and Politics are equally popular and successful at A Level, with 7 Sixth Form classes planned for September 2021. For those with a background and interest in Politics, there may be the opportunity to teach A Level Politics, although this is not a requirement for the post.
The position would suit either an Early Career Teacher or a more experienced colleague with a passion for History and the skills to engage students across the age and ability range. The department is part of our Humanities faculty, but we are committed to timetabling staff to teach within their specialism(s) so our students benefit from subject experts.
We can offer:
• July 1st start date for ECTs (Early Career Teacher) with a comprehensive programme to support the Early Careers Framework
• Robust induction programme and bespoke CPD to suit your career goals
• Competitive salary with London fringe allowance
• Highly talented and engaged students
• Lovely school grounds in leafy surrounds with an on-site gym and Sports Facilities
• Support for completion of an MA, if desired
• An admission policy prioritising the children of staff.
Early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable candidate be found.
Application forms, available from the school website, should be returned with a covering letter to the Headmaster, Mr Michael Jones.
Parmiter’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
"Purposeful, friendly, with an inclusive feel and a sense of both history and progressiveness."
The Good Schools Guide
Parmiter's School relocated to the current 60 acre rural Hertfordshire site from London's East End in 1977. The school enjoys...