South Island School seeks to appoint an outstanding Teacher of History to teach at IGCSE and IB Diploma level, with the possibility of also teaching MYP Individuals and Societies. Previous experience of any or all of these curricula would be an advantage, though this is not essential for an teacher with the right overall skills set.
The successful applicant will be a highly skilled teacher, with the ability to motivate, inspire and engage with students in creative and innovate ways, both within and outside the classroom – with the overall goal of ensuring excellent educational outcomes for our students. He or she will also be a tutor, as well as contributing widely to the extra-curricular life of the school. The position will be a full-time renewable contract for an initial two year period from August 2020. Support with obtaining Hong Kong residence will be provided if necessarySee ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Teachers at SIS are expected to be committed and flexible. Regular duties include:
• Planning lessons to meet each student’s individual learning needs and ensure excellent outcomes, in line with our Schemes of Learning;
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for positive classroom management, including the use of flexible groupings and structured inquiry, in line with the IBO philosophy;
• Using a range of well-considered resources, including digital technologies, to enhance learning;
• Maintaining a well organised and stimulating learning environment;
• Assessing students in relation to agreed learning outcomes, and providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents, using agreed South Island School reporting systems;
• Working closely with the Individuals and Societies faculty on future developments;
• Working as a tutor for a group of students, within the Pastoral Learning Curriculum;
• Engaging actively with the Values in Action and Making a Difference extra-curricular programmes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor’s Degree, as well as a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF and SIS with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Further information can be found in the following locations:
• South Island School website: www.sis.edu.hk
• English Schools Foundation website: www.esf.edu.hk
Thank you again for your interest in this role.
Closing Date: By 8 am Hong Kong Time on Monday 18 November 2019
For enquiries, please contact Cecilia Lo at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.